Who knew you could make crisp hashbrowns in the oven? I certainly didn’t, did you?
Today I made the most amazing discovery! You can make hash browns in the oven. Well who knew ,certainly not me. Anyways this is how I did it. I first
- shredded 6-8 medium potatoes shredded
- one large or 2 medium onions.
- two teaspoons of oil,,
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon garlic powder,
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon,smoked paprika
- other seasonings like rosemary
- With a rubber scraper to get every last drop I put the oil mix into my bowl of potato and onion mix. Then using my hands because it was the easiest way I mixed up the whole thing really well. Then I placed the mixture on a cookie sheet with the edge on it ,lined with parchment paper. I patted the mixture down firmly . Then I placed the pan in a 500 degree oven and baked for about 20-25 minutes.
- In a separate bowl I mixed two teaspoons,one or none will also work of olive oil.Mix with all the other seasonings till thoroughly combined . Dump the oil and seasoning mix into shredded potatoes and mix by hand till completely combined. Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and press the potatoes down into the pan. Bake them in a 500 degree oven for about 20 minutes, till they are golden and crispy. Cut into squares and enjoy with sour cream and ketchup.
- You cannot make these on a regular cookie sheet without the parchment paper, or you will be soaking this pan all day.